It’s summer in the Magic City. Are you ready?
Every time I walk out my front door, I am reminded that summer is here, and the storms are nigh. After 8 months of good weather we all get selective amnesia and are somehow surprised when one day we wake up and it feels oppressively hot outside, or the skies suddenly open up in the afternoon.
Photo by @AcetheILLEST
Deep down we Miami veterans know that heat and hurricanes are two of the defining qualities of our summer. It's a matter of preparing so that you can ride it out, storms and all, and make the most of it. So here's my to do list. Let's get to it!
5 THINGS TO DO TO GET YOUR HOME READY FOR SUMMER IN MIAMI
1. Make sure your windows and sliding doors are sealing properly. If they're not get them repaired. This will keep the heat out, and the cool in.
2. Avoid AC breakdowns by getting it serviced. Flush your lines every 6 months, clean your coils annually, and replace your filters on a monthly basis. Now is the time to ensure that you are up to date.
3. Make sure your shutters are ready when you need them! Get them serviced, and replace any broken pins or rollers.
4. Root out any places where water can stand and mosquitoes can breed.
5. Get ready for entertaining – indoors and out: pressure clean, landscape, install fans or awnings – and ENJOY WHAT WE HAVE.
Yes, it’s rainy, and it can be muggy. But hey, have you ever spent a summer day in NY with temps of over 100? The grass is rarely greener on the other side. Ours even happens to be green the entire year.
PS - We have a special offer running through July 31st on shutter and AC maintenance. Check it out and save!
Deep down we Miami veterans know that heat and hurricanes are two of the defining qualities of our summer. It's a matter of preparing so that you can ride it out, storms and all, and make the most of it.